Bylaw Complaints

Bylaw complaints may be made by telephone or in writing to Bylaw Services. You must identify yourself when making the complaint.  The City does not accept or respond to anonymous complaints, however the identity of every complainant is kept confidential.

You will be required to provide the following information:
  • Your name, address, and contact information 
  • Date and time of the event/incident
  • Type of event / incident
  • Location and / or address of the event / incident
  • Brief summary of the event / incident
Once the information is received, a Bylaw Enforcement Officer will begin an investigation into your complaint, determine if there has, or has not, been a breach of legislation, and provide action if warranted.
There may be times when you are asked to provide a sworn statement, as well as attending court.  If you are required to attend court in regards to your complaint, your name may be provided to the defendant.
Complaints are handled both by priority and by the order in which they were received.
To make a complaint by phone or in person, contact

Bylaw Services
Bylaw Enforcement Officer
1336 Front Street
867-993-7400 ext. 413

To make a complaint in writing

Submit a completed Bylaw Complaint Form (see below for form) to Bylaw Services 

by email to, or
by fax to 867-993-7434