Policies and Regulations
1. Event Operators must submit completed City of Dawson Recreation Facility Rental Form at least 14 days in advance.
2. Event operators must be at least 18 years of age.
3. For special events & private functions all rental, equipment and deposit fees must be pre-paid. For programming events, the City may require advance payment or may invoice upon completion of program.
4. Proof of general liability insurance must be provided no later than 7 days prior to the event or commencement of program. Policy must be in amount of no less than $2,000,000, with “The Town of the City of Dawson” named as additional insured and including a cross-liability clause. For events serving alcohol, host liquor liability must be included.
5. Event Operator must adhere to all Federal and Territorial legislation, City of Dawson bylaws, policies and regulations. Non-compliance may result in event cancellation or closure of event. Event Operator may also be prohibited from holding future events.
6. If the event is cancelled, the Event Operator must provide 7 days’ notice in writing. Failure to provide sufficient notice may incur full rental charge.
7. The City of Dawson reserves the right to cancel and event up to and including the day of event, or anytime during the event for reasons of non-compliance and/or in the interest of public safety.
8. No fees will be reduced or waived. Groups requesting financial assistance may make application to the Community Grants Fund or the Recreation Board Grants fund.
9. Event Operators may be required to submit necessary permits and documents, including, but not limited to: Environmental Health Permit, Liquor Licence, Temporary Street Closure Approval, Fire Inspection, Building Inspection, Safety Plan, Site and Layout Plan, Seating Plan, Security Plan, or any other documents deemed necessary by the City.
10. If Event Operator is serving alcohol at the event, a liquor permit must be obtained from the Yukon Liquor Commission. The YLC will require a letter of permission from the City of Dawson. All rental and deposit fees, proof and insurance, and any other requirements deemed appropriate by the City of Dawson must be submitted prior to issuance of letter of permission. Once all requirements are submitted, the letter will take 3-5 days to be issued.
11. Cleaning during and after the event is the responsibility of the Event Operator. Daily maintenance and cleaning of mulit-day events is the responsibility of the event operator. Please refer to Facility Cleaning Inspection Checklist for complete list of operator cleaning responsibilities. Failure to perform adequate site cleanup will result in partial or full loss of damage deposit.
12. The Event Operator shall be solely responsible for any and all costs associated with turf and/or site restoration.
13. The Event Operator must abide by City of Dawson No Smoking Bylaw # 02-11.
The City of Dawson reserves the right not to approve use or rental of City of Dawson property and facilities by operators, as per City of
Dawson Property and Facility Rental Policy #06-08.
Facility Rental Form