Street Vendors & Mobile Refreshment Stands
Street Vendor means: a business, other than a Mobile Refreshment Stand, carried on by a person from a stand, including a tent, vehicle or trailer, not exceeding an area of ten square meters (10m²), established at a location approved by the municipality.
- Street Vendors are restricted to the City of Dawson Vendor Stalls, unless written approval of the Chief Administrative Officer to locate elsewhere has been obtained.
- Street Vendors are required to obtain a City of Dawson business license.
- Vendor stall rental fee must be applied and paid for prior to use of the stall.
Every Street Vendor shall be responsible for the supply and maintenance of garbage receptacles and disposal of garbage to an approved disposal site and for maintaining the lands in the vicinity of their operation in a clean, litter free and tidy state.
If you would like to rent a Vendor Stall, please visit the City of Dawson Offices located at 1336 Front Street.
Mobile Refreshment Stands
Mobile Refreshment Stand means a non-permanent and/or portable booth, stand, or vehicle for the sale of food, beverages, or refreshment,prepared or cooked on the vehicle, and includes, but are not limited to hot dog, sausage, hamburger carts or similar stands.
- Mobile Refreshment Stands must obtain a City of Dawson business license.
- Mobile Refreshment Stands are permitted to sell concession type food in all areas of the City save and except areas zoned Residential pursuant to the Business License Bylaw and are required to present written proof of current Environmental Health approval.
- Should a Mobile Refreshment Stand wish to locate on City of Dawson owned property, the vendor must request and receive permission from the Chief Administrative Officer and shall, prior to the issue of a business license, provide verifiable confirmation of having purchased liability insurance in an amount of not less than two million dollars ($2,000,000), and with the City of Dawson listed as an additional named insured.
- Mobile Refreshment Stand operations shall be limited to the period from 7:00 AM to 4:00 AM, seven (7) days per week.
Every operator of a Mobile Refreshment Stand shall be responsible for the supply and maintenance of garbage receptacles and disposal of garbage to an approved disposal site and shall be responsible for maintaining the lands in the vicinity of their operation in a clean, litter free and tidy state.